Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tradition!!!
Beignette day started on Dec. 2, 20005 after Elizabeth, Rebecca and I returned home from our fun trip to New Orleans. We decided that Cafe Dumont was not the only place that could offer Beignette's and Cafe au Lait. So...in honor of our 3rd annual Beignette day....here are some photos. (side note...Dec 2nd is also Josh Craner berfday, and John and Betty's anniversary...31 years and counting..how awesome...) anyhoo..this year due to the girls being abroad, we held Beignette day on Nov 30th instead, and had the other half of Prosphatos to stand in...and Daniel, Jake, John and Betty. It was a blast...as you can see. (the the 4 of us "youngins" played Settlers of Catan...and I won...as Betty predicted...yeah for me.)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That looks like fun. I am glad that you are keeping up with traditions...they will feel at home when they get back. Are you traveling for the holidays?
The family is coming down, so we are not headed anywhere...we actually will stay put until May 2009 :( I am glad that you guys are going to have a chance to see Jake's family this Christmas. Safe travels!!!
Sigh...I know, we're off traveling and having a great time and eating lots of different food. But seeing the pictures makes me miss you guys even more!!! Can we have another beignet day when we get home? Six more weeks...
Yum. We were sad to miss beignets. But we slightly consoled ourselves by making cafe au lait on Chios in our little apartment. Question though...did we skip a year? Because you said this was our third annual beignet day, but we've been doing it since 2005. Did you mean it's been three years?
leave it to Rebecca.....
\bahahaha! yes, let's do it again in January! Just for fun. I can't believe you'll be back so soon!
Cas. we really are SO hot in that pic. Grin.
You are far braver than I to travel to the midwest in the middle of winter! Take a friendly beanie and I highly recommend footsie pajamas :)
Post a Comment