just the name of it makes your mouth water eh?
well...we set up a time to visit with some friends, and decided it was a good time to try out this recipe...this past sat.
we made a graham cracker crust...baked it for a bit, then added the brownie mix...and let that bake for it's allotted time...and then for the tricky part.
The marshmellows that go on top....in order to give it the appealing visual you are to turn the oven to broil and the heat to low...(if that is possible..) and let the layer of marshmallows turn that golden brown color that you strive for at a campfire...
well like campfires if you don't watch the mallow close enough it might just light on fire and turn from golden to scorched....
well in between our baking event we were trying to finish an episode of House on the dvd...before leaving to meet our friends for dinner...
1 minute
1 mintue 30 seconds...jake checks it to make sure all is well...and it is...
2 minutes...jake checks....and from the cornder of my eye I see bright orange monster trying to escape from our stove...
the mallows had gone from perfection to no return.
i run over to jake who is trying to remove the pan from the oven with out being lit on fire...
and i say, "i don't know what to do.."
thought's were going through my mind in these split seconds iof...we have no extinguisher...and what do i grab from the house.....
and jake just simply patted the flames out with our oven mit and the scarey part was over. we were both laughing at that point.
we scrapped off the black parts, added more mallows, put it back in the oven, let is stay for
1 more minute...removed, and was on our way. with a successful S'mores brownie..and none would have been the wiser, but the story was too good to keep secret.
the brownies can out very tasty....just thought the story was fun.
i'll post a photo of the burnt oven mit when i get the other pics loaded.
again
thanks for your time.
2 comments:
I knew there was a reason that we have a fire extinguisher in our kitchen...I figured it was a good cockroach squisher, but I will have to keep it around :)
That's great. Everyone should have at least one story of catching a kitchen on fire. I managed to catch the microwave on fire my first time cooking at L'abri. Basically, I'm used to butter wrapped in paper, so when Shura told me to melt the butter, I didn't think twice about putting it in the microwave...of course, since their butter is wrapped in silver...yeah, it was pretty funny. I got it put out fast, so no harm done. I'm glad your s'mores came out well.
Post a Comment