Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween


Just another friday for the most part, but I did get to dress up for my photography job. This has been a tradition for the past almost 10 years to dress up for the kids that come in to take pics on this festive day. I'm not sure how I stand as per what Jake and I will do when we have our own children as to Trick-or-Treating or anything, but i dig the dress up part..prehaps i might try to find photos of my various costumes through the years....anyhoo.
this year

i wore the punjabi that i got in India. normally i like to wear something that represents my travels or experiences over the past year, but didn't think my wedding dress would be conducive to taking photos and crawling on the ground.

So, I did that, then got my hair trimmed and dyed so that the blonde would be all out. The color turned out a little darker than I had planned, but so far it seems to be a success for those who have seen it...for my traveling friends, we might need to set up a skype time...so i can get your opinion.

Jake and I headed over to Oasis to "help" with the Harvest Party/Play tug of war and potatoe sack races, and hang out with some old and new friends.


We finished the night up bowling with the youth group..well, they bowled two lanes over from us...we just were there at the same time. Don't get me wrong, they are a good group of kids, but i'm not sure i'm built to work with the teens. God bless those who helped me through those years...smiles. there are reasons i embrace getting older. ...

we all had our fair share of candy for the night...it was fun...
and in reality jake and i took the excess candy home with us, so we'll have enough candy to last us....atleast till thanksgiving....i think...we'll see. (evil laugh....not sure i can do it justice rebecca.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the fact there are no pictures of u and me!!!:-( ~ang~