Monday, November 24, 2008

getting older

I realize more and more each time I am around a mixed group of people, that I just don't have as much patience for most teens as I used to.

I love games...but I like focused people. It's like when you go bowling..i'm there to bowl...so when it flashes your name...you should bowl right?

well I find that I have been losing my patience with the younger crowd that we hang out with..anyhoo. no more time to write...
just thought i'd mention.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally know. i first really felt old when i said, "why do you need to text? why can't you just call someone?" yeah. i don't have much patience for teenagers either, especially the younger version.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

This is hilarious...I totally know what you mean! I love teenagers, but I handle them in the classroom much better :)

Susanna Johnson said...

I don't identify with you all. I find the older I get, the more grace God gives me for them. I guess the more I've realize my OWN human selfishness, failures, and immaturity's in God's eyes, I am able to extend more grace towards teens. Or at least be willing to challenge them when I'm faced with the opportunity. I love teenagers. Good thing God made us all differently!

CassieU said...

Susanna...I think it's wonderful that God lays different peoples on our hearts...I love the kiddies too, I just don't think I could work with them like you do!..You are a blessing.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

Well, the typical Hawaiian Thanksgiving dinner is a mix between the turkey dinner and asian sushi....even the ads have sushi sitting next to a turkey :) We are just going to have cornish game hens because a turkey is two big for just two of us :) What are you guys planning? Are you going to be traveling at all for the holidays?

Snivellusly Ozalan said...

Ah, teenagers. I've probably gotten more tolerant over the years, but that's not saying much. I deal with them much better one on one, when I can really get to know them.