Saturday, September 13, 2008

catch up from summer ...





We went for a hike near Stockton, Utah
It was off trail, as in there wasn't any trails, other than what the dear and cows had created from their many treks through this beautiful place. I was scared by the pheasants that heard us coming close to where they were nesting....and as they were practically flapping their brains out to escape us scary people, I about had a heart attack. I think Jake and Sanna were laughing their "brains" out, only at me...smiles.
Susanna named the area we were traipsing around...backbone alley...or something like that BECAUSE we found what looked like a dear skeleton. (or coyote, we weren't sure.) There was almost the complete skull, including jaw and a few teeth, and what looked like a femur bone, and a few else. Jake decided to claim the territory by putting the skull portion atop a tall plant ...sort of like how you would display a founders flag.
I wanted to write more, but my brain is fried right now.
I'll put up the other pics from later that week someother time.

On another note, exercising your brain and your body are two different things. I think the latter is less tiring.

3 comments:

Zac and Brook Halford said...

The pics are terrific. Did your hike show you "mosquito lake"? It is crazy to think that the area will be covered in snow in just over 2 months! Glad to see that you are gettng some good R&R in with all your work!

Susanna Johnson said...

yay! I'm famous! but just for the record, I think Jake named it that. then reminded me later when I called it something else.

Ashley Metzger said...

I love the tree picture!! I've never seen anything like that.
You asked what my belly looks like with the baby on board, it's very round and hard. A week or 2 ago it was normal looking, then came the baby bump out of no where! How are you guys doing?