I noticed this past weekend that I feel awkward when talking with people that I don't see on a regular basis. I guess I don't feel like the mundane; going to work, watching HOUSE at home on dvd and playing games with Jake feels like anything to update people on. So then there is the need to brag about stuff, like going to Minneapolis this Christmas, Jake playing gigs up in PC, my brother stopping in St. Louis to buy me a Hard Rock shirt...umm..and even as I'm typing, I realize how hard it is...
Don't get me wrong, ...i was a bit sick last week, watched the season premire of The Office with some friends. (i'm not normally a fan, but i was there to support jake, and i will admit, I enjoyed myself.) had friday off from school, bowled a 177 on sunday with my neices and nephew, celebrated a 1st berfday with a friends kid, won a small poker game with some friends...
so there are things i can talk about, but...I don't know it just seems "not up to snuff.." I guess i don't know what it is that people want to hear. Not that I only want to tell people waht they want to hear...but...oh I don't know.
maybe there's nothing to this, It's just when people ask what I've been up to..just saying working sounds sooo...non personal. I don't want to cut myself off from friends, but sometimes i just can't think of anything to say.
I really appreciate people on these blogspots, because even though i might not have time to write a lot, at least i can read about what's happening to everyone else.
thanks for reading
2 comments:
I totally understand how you feel...I want to post frequently, but I feel like I have nothing exciting to say! I am happy for your celebration of 11 months of marriage...doesn't time go by quickly when you are having fun and in love! :)
Happy anniversary month! Are you guys going to have any time to get away for your 1st anniversary?
Post a Comment