Thursday, April 14, 2011

sniffle sniffle, blow

The past few days/nights my nose has been stuffed up.  It wakes me up a few times a night.  It's not too bad, I'm thinking it's either allergies, or something to do with this crazy weather we call Spring, that won't make up it's mind. 

Last night Emmaus sounded funny before we put him to bed.  Not funny haha, funny....queer?...haha. 

He wasn't lethargic, on the contrary him and Jake were playing this rigorous game of daddy hiding under Emmaus' favorite blanket and then Emmaus' pulling it off and daddy attacking his belly with kisses....that game went on and on and on.  H was drinking a lot and then it was bedtime.  Around 4 am I heard this barking cough come from his crib. I laid in bed waiting to see if any other crazy sounds would come, but it didn't.  I tried to go back to sleep, but curiosity got the better of me.  Armed with my cell phone, I went through the house trying to find my baby book...the one that talks about all those strange things we encounter.  I found it and looked up coughing.   I had a sneaky suspicion it was croup, but I wasn't sure.  Alas, the bark, was croup, or allergies....hmmm..

But he's drinking a lot, and he doesn't have a fever, so we're feeling okay.  The humidifier has been going for a few days in his room (at night.)  so I think we are doing what we can for now....just sucks for him. 

I'm at work today, but wishing I was home.  Sort of sucks cause I'm trying to save my sick time for September...I feeling better now than I did an hour ago.  I'm glad I'm at this job today and not up at the U. 

My belly is doing good.  Popping out more and more...looking cute.  I'll have to get a picture taken sometime soon.  Other than these cold symptoms, still not feeling "pregnant"...looking forward to the Ultra Sound May 2nd to ease that stress of making sure all is well with the baby. 

Emmaus is picking up new words everyday.  He said Bumbles and Jojo on Sunday (mom and dad's dog and uncle jojo...)  He said something last night that was so cute, but my brain is sooo not remembering things very well these days...I'll have to ask Jake.

The semester is practically over for me at the U.  My first semester back after 5 years, and now at the U not the Community College, I'm getting almost 100% in both classes (they are pretty easy, but good info.)  Very proud of myself.  Registered for 4 for the Summer.  (That should be fun.) 

Jake is taking a break from gigs after working 5 days a week for a month and a half.  It's nice to have him home more often.  And he's already started working outside on the garden, painting the basement, doing his man stuff.  He's such a good man, if I do say so myself. 

as always, thanks for reading.  Not sure the point of this post other than updating you faithful readers...whoever you may be.

4 comments:

Lacey Voris said...

Me :) Hope you get feeling better soon. I know it sure isn't fun.

Melinda Ashby said...

I like this post. Even though I've been seeing you quite often, it's nice to hear a summary of life lately.

The Gantor Files said...

Me! Try 'stinkin cute' belly! As always, thanks for sharing ;-)

Kat said...

Man, being sick and pregnant has been the worst for me! I had a sinus infection last week. I thought for sure I was gonna die. Funny that you have your ultrasound may 2nd. Mine is May 3rd! They are doing it early to see if it's twins. You'll have to let me know how yours goes!