Thursday, May 5, 2011

sugar and spice....

As many/all of you may have heard, We are having a baby girl in September...!!!

Jake preferred a girl this time (He really likes the name we picked out -WE AREN"T ANNOUNCING the name till birth...sorry folks.), and I think I did too...although, I would have been super happy with 2 boys...

Now we have one of each, and I can have a mini me too....(Doubtful really, she'll be taller than me by 10 like my niece alex was...slight exaggeratoin, but it will happen I'm certain.)

So I'm having a itch to go buy something girlie...but I'm trying to resist until I know of something we actually need....we'll see how long that lasts...

giggles.

I looked online yesterday for some girlier diaper covers, but unsatisfied with the selections.  I'm not sure what colors I want to focus on....Marroon so far is the only one that is standing out...maybe Cerulean blue...it's my favorite crayola color.  The purples and pinks just aren't doing it for me...and I honestly had an open mind about it.  I just don't like idea of butterflies and flowers...or hearts.  I liked stars growing up...and sort of just want to decorate with those....

We'll see what happens. 

I'm super excited about knowing she's a girl and am able to say I'm going to have a daughter.  I've already started praying for our relationship....moms and girls don't always have the best rapport...but ...with God's grace, I won't live in fear of that.  Everyday is a new day!!

SOOO looking forward to these next 4 months, labor and delivery and the whole kit and caboodle....

She moves around a lot right now...we are almost 22 weeks (Just shy of the 5 month mark.).  She's measuring a little small they said, but everything else looks perfect.  (Nothing wrong with small girls...-hehe) 

We are going to MO next week for Alex's (my niece's) Graduation.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.  This will be the first time that everyone except my mom will meet Emmaus.  My Gma and Aunts are coming down too, and a cousin or too...so it's our mini reunion.  I haven't seen the family for almost 2 years now...so this is really great timing. 

So excited.

As always, thanks for reading.  More belly pics soon, hopefully....

No comments: