I fed Emmaus last night at 430 before I left for work. I worked 5-10pm.
Jake went to Bible Study. He was there 630p-1am. (Playing Lord of the Rings Risk.)
I got home and went straight to bed.
I had to work the next morning at 7am. I woke Emmaus up at 6am to eat. (He wasn't too conscious, but it was good to see his cute face.)
I got off work at 1pm. When I got home soon after, he was napping.
When he woke up, Jake went into the nursery to change him and bring him to me to eat. By this time it had been 21 hours since he'd seen me.
I had my backed turned to him and I hear...
"Mom"....
HE SAID MOM...
not babbling mamamamama
not daddada or ababbabba or wawawawawa
He looked right at me and said MOM...and then just after said mama again when we were repeating it to him.
Jake and I were excited.
I'm not saying this was his first word...cause he's said dada....and ball...a little...but...
This was cool.
(come to think of it, I'm not sure what we will call his official first word.....I'll have to check with Jake and see what he says.)...I'm fine if it's MOM. 10/11/2010
yea, i'm a mom..
as always, thanks for reading.
8 comments:
It's those little moments and things that makes being a Mom so special!
so exciting dear cas -- what a momentous day :)
There aren't too many things that are sweeter!
awwww, love that...
how exciting!!!
yay! That's so exciting! (and playing LOTR Risk at Bible study is awesome, too)
wow so neat! i actually got tears in my eyes tho when i read it had been 21 hours since he'd seen you. you're stronger than i am! :D love you!
isn't it the best!
Post a Comment