Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Jake's Birthday

The big 3-0.

We went river rafting on the Provo river....it might not sound exciting compared to the Snake River in Jackson Hole, but WOW, it was SOOO beautiful.

I DIDN'T get any pics.  I was nervous that my camera would get wet, but really, it wouldn't have. I didn't get that info till after we were already on the river. The provo canyon is soooo beautiful. I'm going to post a pic from the internet so you know how awesome it was.

This is about what it looked like last friday. I found out there also that we could have taken Emmaus with us. There was another lady with a baby who got off the river as we were getting on. It'super calm.  Nothing higher than a class 2, and I'm not sure there was even a 2 on there. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. I rode on the raft with Angelina and the kids, Jake and the rest of our group rode in kayaks. 

Then we ate at burgers and shakes. 
 Jake had a chocolate chip cookie dough shake, i had brownie. 

then we went and saw...

Well, I saw it, Jake starred in it.

then we stayed late and watched
(Jake recently auditioned for laughin stock...and got accepted to attend their workshops and classes. he's really stoked to get the opportunity to work on his improv. Yea honey!)

My parents were nice enough to watch emmaus for us.  AND they were the reason we were able to go rafting....yea for watching out for coupons! Thanks mom and dad, and angelina and josh, and the kids, and melinda and ezra for watching emmaus while we were on the river.

It was the longest time that both jake and I were away from the baby, but he had fun, and did a great job!

yea for birthdays!

(Jake got some tools for his birthday, and a hose for the house...fun times being a home owner...thanks mom and dad U for the gift.)

No comments: