Monday, August 11, 2008

Jackson Hole with the Family


Mom, Dad, Ang and the Kids, Jake and I all packed up the cars and drove some 5 hours through Idaho and into Wyoming to Alpine. Dad had arranged for us to stay in this cool cabin just a bit outside of Jackson Hole. It was refreshing to be out of Salt Lake, but I could always do without the mosquitoes, there never seems to be a perfect balance...then again, that's what bug repellent is for.

We went into town for a nice dinner and a few peeks into some of the gift shops they have there.
The purpose for this trip was river rafting down the Snake River. We did that the next day. It was a blast. Even the four kids took to liking the rapids...for the most part. The boat just in front of us went over what they call "the big kahuna" and everyone got dumped into the water. Seeing as that we were next in line for the dumping, our boat started to get a little nervous..."here it comes..hold on to me Gabriel" could be heard coming out of Myriah's mouth...it was cute...but still a bit nerve wracking as our guide yelled "all forward" we all managed to stay in the boat...no harm done. A few of us had gotten out of the boat before that to take a refreshing swim...most of the kids jumped out and them frantically waved their little arms in the air to be pulled back up. We had a good time. Thanks mom and dad for organizing everything.

4 comments:

Susanna Johnson said...

my dad was up there, at yellowstone I think, working over the weekend. he got bored because the cabin he was staying in didn't have tv......lame! I totally would have taken advantage of it and read a lot!

we canoed down the snake one year. we hit a tree trunk, and almost capsized. I lost my hat that jill and I used to have matching ones of. ha.

CassieU said...

angelina and i were both engrossed in Breaking Dawn while we were up there. I think you should try to read it...the books are fun.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! WE love rafting on the Snake!

Unknown said...

cass! yay i found you too! miss you girl....so if you and jake ever want to take a trip to colorado you're more than welcome you know!