Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rewind...

Thanks to a fellow blogger friend, I've decided to post a few photos that were taken earlier this summer when my mom and dad from MINN (also known as in-laws) came to visit. We took a quick drive to Moab, then a fun but challenging hike up to Lake Blanche. Both amazing sites and within about a 5 hour drive of eachother..amazing..Utah is pretty!!

Jake at THE delicate arch


A view under the Broken arch

Cassie sitting on the edge of the world in Canyonlands


These are cairns, marking the paths back in Arches National Park...(that's the name of the city where the Great Barrier Reef is in Australia...Cairns..i never knew what it meant..it's amazing when you learn new things.

Mary wanting to touch the tree. The real story is she and Mike are quite nervous getting close to the edge. Way to face your fears Mary...we're proud of ya!..

In Canyonlands...both challenging fears and dominating!! It was soo beautiful down there..a bit warm, but worth it...right?...giggles

This speaks for itself.

Jake sitting looking at the aspens on our way down from the Lake Blanche hike. We were all quite exhausted.
At the top....what a view

again..this was on the way up...the waterfall...trickling all the way down...God's beauty is so awe inspiring...

Thanks for the awesome photo Mary
This mirror image was such a sight. I printed it out..and when I got it back from snapfish (a plug for such an awesome online printing company!!) I couldn't tell which side was up...So pretty..I love it when i stumble onto such beautiful places...doesn't really matter what kind of photographer I am...so pretty....We need to do at least one more hike before the craziness of the fall starts up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are some stunning pictures!

welcome to the world of blogging - check mine out when you have some time

Love,
Em

Susanna Johnson said...

what an awesome picture! If I had taken it, it would be on my wall of fame art display at my work.

so....I hardly ever post either. no worries. I need to get back on it!

Sara said...

Was it me who inspired you to post these great photos? I feel special!!!! My berfday was July 24.