It's been 3 weeks since I last posted...so I guess I should write something about what is going on in my life.
(I didn't expect this to get as long as it did..if you make it to the end...congratulations.)
Emmaus is freaking amazing. Still working on potty training...he has his good days and his accident days...Jake was so happy yesterday...in his words "Emmaus had a BIG poop in the potty...-we have resorted to rewarding him with watching Leap Frog, or a video of his choice...if it gets him motivated, so be it..shrug. (I dislike him running around with nothing on the bottom part of his bottom. He's started touching his peepee a little too much for my liking...I know it's natural...but really does he have to go through this phase. Fortunately when his pants are on he hasn't tried to put his hand down his pants yet..at least I haven't seen it..I hope this passes soon.)
He talks sooo much and has started using prepositions too. He said Minnesota today...I could post a list of all of his words...but that would take a long time...and I can't think of all of them right now..I love it when he strings 3 or 4 or more words together in his sentences.
He loves his numbers and letters right now..Thanks to Leap Frog.(yea Netflix.) When we open the fridge he is right there cause he "needs" something out of there just like we do. He's a bit obsessed with our phones. He finds games, videos, pictures...changes settings, calls grandma occassionally. He's quite tech savvy actually. We might need to get him a kid laptop sooner than later, that is if that would be good enough for him...I'm not convinced..hehe
Jake was telling me today that they were playing hide and seek. Jake got him to close his eyes and count and come find him...he got distracted in route and started playing with a toy somewhere. Jake started making some noises and Emmaus finally came to find him. When it was daddy's turn to find Emmaus, Emm took off and was giggling the whole time while he was waiting to be found. I am sad I missed that special moment, but loved the replay I got...those two have such a special relationship. Love it.
Imogen is already 2 months old. She is SO big. I need to post a newborn pic and a 2 month pic next to each other. It's amazing what berast milk can do to a kid. (I'm sure formula does the same thing.)
She's cooing...currently her favorite word to say is "Hi"..seriously..that's what it sounds like. She follows us around the room with her eyes...and she smiles sooo much. She's a great eater and great sleeper. (She still only sleeps about 3.5-5 hours at night...but eats and goes right back to sleep. Last night I was only awake for about 20 minutes in between. She's great. She's wearing 3-6 month clothes already. She has a little bald spot on the back of head from laying on her back...which is to be expected...but otherwise I love her dark hair...I wanted a little girl with dark hair...that makes me smile.
I have been looking around for various bows and head bands to put in her hair. I have a friend who made a neat flower out of satin..I'm going to crochet a couple, and hopefully that will satisfy me. We'll see..and I'll post pics. I haven't been a slacker taking pictures or anything...there are two factors playing into it. 1st, I'm back to work so that limits when I can snap some flashes. 2nd of all, Emmaus is a photo fiend. He goes berzerk when I pull the camera out..."See PICTURES!!" He has been getting better, but sometimes I just think it's better to not elicit the response....POINT BEING...I'll get some more pics up soon.
Speaking of pictues. Jake's brother Andrew came out for Thanksgiving with his awesomely beautiful and talented girlfriend Becca Oehrig. She's a professional photographer and all around amazing woman..(if you are reading this please don't be embarrassed, I just think you rock.) So brought out her gear to shoot a few pics of the family. It was so sweet of her to even offer. I have the worst ages to try to take pics of kids....not only individually but thinking of trying to get something together is just silly...but we attempted, and I think we got some sweet pics. I haven't seen them yet, but I was pleased with our experience. You should have seen her running after Emmaus while we were in the back yard...she was awesome. Have I said that enough yet?..hehe. (I'll post those pics when I get them from her...she's a busy lady.)
Speaking of Thanksgiving...we had a really wonderful time. Not only was Andrew and Becca in town, but Jojo and Sarah drove out from San Diego, Bill drove up from Texas and we hosted the lot of them at our humble home. Dad cooked the turkey and gravy, we (Jake, Becca and Andrew) prepared the mashed potatoes, green beans and salad. I made the pumpkin pie (from scratch I might add) and mom made a special fruit torte for Jojo's birthday (which happened to fall on Thanksgiving this year.)
I worked a few hours that morning (by choice, it's time and a half...I can never turn that down....next year I'll remember to work later in the evening because I want to do the 5k turkey run. Jake did it last year with Emmaus, but it wound up being really cold, and he didn't want to attempt it again this year...with 2 kids. Funny thing though, it was really warm Thanksgiving morning this year...oh well, we'll see how it turns out next year.) When I got home Andrew and Becca and Jake were playing Puerto Rico (fun game.) Can't remember exactly what we did from then till we started cooking, but I'm sure it was fun. Started cooking, people starting showing up...we hung out...ate...drank...we had a total of 13 people eating dinner in our kitchen...that was sort of comical...I should have gotten a picture of it...grrr (regret.) then a few more people came over to play games to celebrate Jojo's bday. We played Three Round Noun...and Telephone Pictionary...ask me if you want to know how to play..they are way fun group games.
It's tradition with my Hahn family that the Saturday after Thanksgiving we have a huge Fundraiser Party for Kedesh. That is the orphanage where Jake and I met in Mozambique. It was really neat this year because not only was Andrew also in Beira with us, but Becca had also spent some time at Kedesh with John Wickes the year before we had all been there. So we had 8 people who had been to see the orphanage at the party. One other person was supposed to come, but got tied up with other family plans and was unable to join us. That was pretty cool. On top of that, we got to Skype John and the boys this year. That was a super cool experience. Emmaus had already gone to sleep by the time we called...(it was like 5am or something their time..they woke up early just to see us.) ...so he didnt' get to see them, but I showed John Imogen...if it wasn't for Kedesh and John, our kids wouldn't even exist. Love that man. The party was again another success. They raised $1228 for the boys....it's a great cause, I love being apart of it.
It was a crazy weekend, very busy, but well worth it. We also were able to take Andrew and Becca down to Greek Souvlaki downtown. Afterall, no one can come visit us without stopping there, I won't have it!...I drove Becca around a little to show her Salt Lake...it was night time...and with the Christmas lights up at Temple Square I figured I'd drive her past it...just to have the experience. We had hoped to go hiking, but with me working and everything else going on..it didn't work out...the one day we were planning on...it was snowing in the mountains...there's always next year...or the year after and soo on...hopefully they'll be able to come back out when the weather is nicer.
Now It's almost December. We've bought most of the Christmas gifts that we will be getting...and opened over half of them too...we don't really stand on occassion at our house...I have a couple of things for him to open up on Christmas...and maybe I'll get a few more things...but...we'll see. I don't see any reason to really get her anything...wait..I did buy her an outfit that I could wrap for sake of a photo..but really she has everything she needs...we'll see.. it seems to be more about the photos than anything.
We don't do a tree at our house. Jake doesn't want to deal with all the hassle of putting it up and buying stuff and tearing it down..I agree to some extent...but I still wish we had some holiday cheeriness in the form of something visual. I'm pushing to at least get some cute stockings this year for the 4 of us...we do have a chimney..and I think that would make me happy enough...I realize with Emmaus the tree would probably wind up on its side a few times too, so maybe sometime in the future we can get the tree....if we decide to. I'm not a huge fan either, but ya know, it's Christmas....
We did decide to do an advent calender this year..probably just do a store bought one this time, maybe I'll get more creative for next year when I can put more thought into it...
It's about 4 weeks till Christmas, 6 weeks till Mike and Mary come out to meet imogen, 7 weeks till my birthday, 9 weeks till Emmaus' birthday...I'll be starting school at the U again in January with a graduation date tentatively of December 2012, we have 2 possibly 3 weddings for May...We'll see what else comes our way.
as always, thanks for reading...
(oh yea, I'm also on a crochet kick..hats and scarves...love the hats i'm doing...I'll have to take a pic of that too...okay, I'm really done this time....)
No comments:
Post a Comment