I've shared a few of these things on Facebook, but I wanted to post it here too.
Emmaus is freaking awesome. I know I'm biased, but some of the things he does, I just don't expect....examples to follow:
We're watching Shrek the other night (the new one)....something funny happens on the show (can't remember the details...I'll have to ask jake...) Neither jake or I laugh....but there's emmaus sitting up front just giggling away....such a good sense of humor he has. (of course his laugh made us laugh...)
Sunday night we were at a friends house for Bible study and it was getting a little late...emmaus walks over to where his pack and play is sitting...starts dragging it towards us so we'll set it up for him. We get him into the back room and set it up...he lays down without a peep. (Jake used to ask to go to bed when he was 2 (he'd already given up naps according to the stories I've heard...like father like son.)
Mamma sneezes, emmaus says bless you.
Emmaus sees someone drinking something in one of his books. He says/signs drink. Jake and I try to remember where his Camelbak is....so we tell emmaus..."it's in the side pocket of your diaper bag.....in your room." a few minutes later he comes back holding his camelbak.
A few weeks ago, mommy (I) was laying down on the couch and jake had just finished making dinner. I asked Emmaus to help me up. I reached out my hand and asked him said "pull." he wasn't sure what to do so I said "back up" and I grunted ...so he knew he was supposed to ..pull. It worked, he pulled me up...and we ate dinner together. So NOW, whenever I am sitting on the couch, laying in bed, or sitting on the floor and emmaus wants me to get up and go ....he grabs my hand and says "pull" and grunts....you can't say no to that!
We finished a walk last week or so ago...I helped show Emmaus how to take his shoes and socks off...he giggled..it was cute. So then I aked him to put his shoes away...off he goes to the shoe rack at the front door. Then I ask him to put his socks in the dirty basket in his room....he leaves the room....and comes back without them. I asked jake to go check his room....low and behold (what does that really mean anyway..) he had put his smelly sweaty socks in his dirty laundry bin.
Those are all the cute stories I can think of right now...
Interesting enough...Jake made stirfry last week...with my suggestion of adding noodles instead of rice...success. Emmaus loves them...we had zucc, squash, brocc, red peppers and chicken in there. Emmaus ate the veggies and the noodles, but didn't want the chicken. Even after giving him more left overs, he kept picking out the chicken...no worries because he gets plenty of protein, just kind of weird I thought...oh, and did I mention he LOVES edamame, and our zucc soup...
He's tall, and is talking a lot...Jake and I look at eachother sometimes trying to figure out what he's saying...I hate asking emmaus to repeat himself, or clarify, I don't want him second guessing himself, but some of the stuff he says ..I have NO idea what he's saying. We're trying to couple words with signs as much as possible, but sometimes that's just not possible.
He's started coloring and is doing a really good job with it. I came home from work yest. and jake had taped up a canvas on the side of our desk. Looks like they had a great time together. Emmaus loves our shrek coloring book (I had this like 3 years ago...) He colors on it, and keeps coloring over things, colors in over peoples faces, and loves to point out shrek and cat...sometimes fiona, but hasn't gotten that word down yet...smiles.
He's amazing and well loved... he still kisses my belly when we say kiss sissy, or where is sister.
Less than 6 weeks ladies and gentleman, and baby U2 makes her debut...
as always, thanks for reading.
2 comments:
that's good he's easy. it will make the next one easier to handle too. i can't imagine if my mom had me with my brother at emmaus's age LOL i think she would've died.
i'm sure signing with him has helped his development a lot too. the sooner both parties can communicate effectively the better right? ;)
love you guys!!
i was just thinking this am-are you huge yet?? hehehe in a cute way of course-cause you are always cute!!
Thanks for sharing! Amazing how fast they grow ...
Post a Comment