Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trash and Pee

Jake and I were in the front room talking...Emmaus walked out of the room into the kitchen, then came back in a few minutes later.  Jake and I looked at eachother, and then went into the kitchen to see what he had done.  He had had a piece of crumpled up paper in his hand when he left and when he came back it was gone.  The little smarty handsome awesome boy opened up our trash can, deposited the paper and then closed it!!!  No prompting no nothing....This kid is unstoppable...

Then today when I got home from work Jake tells me that while he was going potty Emmaus said potty...so Jake tried to put him on his little toilet trainer, but Emmaus didn't want that...so he stood up...walked over to the toilet, pounded on the lid, till Jake opened it, and Emmaus started peeing.  Obviously the little one isn't quite tall enough (yet) to reach it so it went all over the rug....but he totally did it, and wants to do it!!!  Can one teach a baby to pee standing up at such a young age?  I feel like I should get a stepping stool for him....curious what he'll do next.

Not to not mention that when we were in MO last week he mastered climbing up the rock wall and sliding down the slide...unassisted....I'll post that video on FB sometime soon.  This "baby" boy is unbelievable...and then there's his vocabulary....verbal and signing....

I could go on...but....I'll stop.

Love this boy. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're so cute. totally get him a step stool! why bother with the baby potty if he's more interested in the big one? it'll save you the step of transitioning him.

Melinda Ashby said...

So cool! He could teach Ezra a thing or two about what goes on in the bathroom... Glad you guys are back....we missed ya!

Brandi M said...

awesome! Take his eagerness while you can! :)