As soon as I get off of work this afternoon we get to go hold emmaus' hand while he gets his first vaccinations. (we opted out of the hep b they offered at the hospital.)
When the idea of Vaccinations were first presented, I wasn't a huge fan. At least not ALL of them. I've been asking many people about their opinions, whether to get the shots, to not, to delay the schedule, to get the shots separate and not in a coctail mix altogether....and I haven't really come to a decision. I realize that there are great breakthroughs in medicine, but to shoot up baby's with these vaccines...seems like you aren't giving their immune system time to develop on their own..right?
However, we're going to do it anyway....
Like chicken pox...we all had it as kids, and we turned out just fine. Has there really been things that have changed the strain and it's necassary to get a vaccine for it?
I'm not any kind of expert on these things, I'm just a new mom who is being told that "these things" are best for my child...what's a girl to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment