Nothing really new to report...Well, we had our 2nd baby shower, which again was AMAZING! We are so blessed and honored to have so many people care and provide so generously.
My birthday came and went, again Awesome. (but it always is.) I was willing to share the 19th yet again with another blood relative (baby U) but it decided to leave that date for myself (and the rest of the world that shares that date...check your FB, tell me how many people you know that were born on the 19th, my current count of people born on Jan. 19th is: 8...and that's just off the top of my head.
I took the day off, and got my car fixed...
the shop I have been doing my oil changes at thought the problem was my power steering pump...we waited till we afford that, then went in and they said, just kidding, it's something in the engine, the head, and to take it to my dealership...
This was th first thing I was doing on my beautiful birthday, I was really proud, no tears, no anger, just called Saturn to ask their availability and drove over to the salon next door to get my hair trimmed. I figured I'd get one last trim before the baby came, since it might be awhile before I get to go again, just a trim, no one even noticed, no worries.
I'm trying to grow it out again, seems like it has taken a long time...probably because as I was growing it out, I had layers put in, and they were NG (no good.) so now, it's a little past my shoulders, and hopefully will take off now, we'll see, i miss my long hair, I chopped it off on my GGMa Cassie's 100th b-day, 5 years ago...wow.
Then I went and picked up my friend Erin who had agreed to run some errands with me/spend quality birthday time together, and then picked Jake up to drive downtown heading for the dealership. Dropped off my car, and went to GREEK SOUVLAKI! My favorite place to eat, ever, it was awesome. The dealership called to say that the problem with my car was the Idler pulley and the serpantine belt...and the cost of it was actually LESS than what we had orignially thought! I was stoked, so they set to work on it, and we walked over to Cafe D'Bolla for Bubble Tea/Boba/Tapioka..whatever you prefer to call it. my favorite drink place! I had the coconut flavor, delicious.
The car finished up, so Jake went back home and Erin and I went on to urn more errands. I went to Sonic Car wash and got my car detailed! that was much fun as well, then drove to Sears to visit my dear friend Char. I hadn't seen her in awhile...as we were leaving I saw this really cute baby sleeper..SOOO SOFT and bought it...$4, it was awesome, normally like $20. yeah for bargains.
(Funny enough, now that I don't work at th portrait studio, i have a kid, after 10 years of access to their awesome 20% discount off of clother and other picture discount, now i don't work there, funny times. I have hook ups still, but it's not the same, just thought it was funny.)
So I dropped Erin off shortly after that, cause my parents wanted to take jake and I to a movie. We watched Sherlock Holmes, and it was awesome. I highly recommend it to others.
Then off to sushi...Yummies! I didn't have anything that was raw, everything was either fishless, or tampura...or cooked. we all ate like pigs, it was awesome.
and there ya have it!..
oh, one other thing. The day before, jake and i were on the phone and he tells me that my birthday present wouldn't be there on Tuesday. (disclosure: jake doesn't really do "presents.." if I want something, we'll agree to get it or not..but he rarely comes up with things on his own to "surprise me."..(i typically ruin the surprises if he does try anyway)) POINT BEING...I was like okay, and he says ..I went to Target, and Shopko and WALMART and Bed Bath and Beyond (a: jake hates shopping and B: he really doesn't like walmart or BBB) so I was really curious as to what he was looking for....He says, so I ordered your gift online, and it'll be here sometime next week. so, I asked, Are you going to tell me now what it is, or do i wait, he says, you'll want to know now...i think: okay...
he said: no stores sell Soup Spoons. Not in sets, or on their own.
.I almost cried out of thoughtfullness as to how awesome and amazing my husband is. Here's the background story. (sorry I know this post is getting long, but then again, i'm long winded as it is.)
For as long as I can remember..I've loved soup spoons. i'm not a HUGE soup eater, but there's something about soup spoons that I just love. Jake knew that, and we'd looked around when we registestered for the wedding, but nothing really popped up, and it's not like I've always been like : i need soup spoons or i'll die, just one of those "wish list" items.
I want to give Jake a HUGE awesomest husband award for being so sweet and thoughtful and going above and beyond to give me one of those silly trivial things that makes my spirit soar, and that huge smile to appear on my face. I just hope that I return the feeling to him frequently! he deserves it.
As a custom I set up a few years ago, I started counting all the people that wish me a happy birthday/text/email, and now I get to count FB. I lost an exact count, but from what I remember, there was over 60 people. It is such a blessing to be appreciated/remembered and cared about so much.
To all of you....and you know who you are..I LOVE YOU and Thanks.
as always, thanks for reading.
6 comments:
So, since I left you a voicemail, e-mail and facebook message for you on your birthday, did mine count as 3 greetings? Ha - just kidding. Mom U
glad you had a good birthday! sounds like fun, and congrats on the soup spoons! i've never had any, but i agree there's something about them.
HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! Sounds like it was fun, so that's awesome! Hope you have a fun year :)
Your husband is so sweet. I always get a gift certificate from my boyfriend which is sweet, but doesn't require much thought, you know? Also, glad to know my boyfriend isn't the only male on the planet who hates Wal-Mart! haha
hope you may be my friend !
THAT IS NICE OF YOU, A MUMMY WITH DISTINCTION
Post a Comment