Thursday, December 10, 2009

THE baby shower

I didn't sleep much at all the night before the shower, hence, I had a chance to do my hair...awww, cute. My friends that hosted the shower for me are from out of state...they ordered these special cookies from a friend of theirs, flew home for Thanksgiving, hand carried the delicate boxes on the plane, and brought them back for my shower. The girls are amazingly talented, and I couldn't be more blessed to have crossed paths with them. Thanks again girls. (not to mention the candy filled giraffe boxes on top of the nummy cookies, and the brownies....nummy...)

This shower was primarily friends from work and Oasis..I'm so lucky to be loved by so many people. We really couldn't be THIS prepared without you all. And the baby's library is already stocked fuller than mine is!

Not sure that this pic shows how much stuff we were given..but it was A LOT...a few people "pushed" the pink or blue thing..people have to have their opinions about what they think the baby is eh? I don't mind...I'm really eager to meet whomever I've been incubating for the past 8 plus months.



And here are my girls...Not sure that they want their names posted, so I'll just leave you with their smiling faces...as you can see it was an African Safari theme, lions, and giraffes and and and...oh and they had everyone bring their favorite children's book to help start Baby U's library...here are the ones we got...Really, girls. You ARE the best, and I still can't say thanks enough for all your efforts organizing this! I love you much!

Books:
All the ways I love you
Goodnight Moon
The Alphabet book
Go, Dog. Go!
Mr Brown can Moo! Can you?
The Very Hungry Catepillar
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?
Little Golden Book: Christmas favorites
Corduroy
Frog and TOad Together
If you give a cat a cupcake
Tikki Tikki Tembo
I was so mad: mercer mayer
I just forgot
Love you forever
Leo the Late Bloomer
The Twelve Dancing Princesses
Stllaluna
I'm not familiar with half of them, which means, I'm really looking forward to reading them to the baby. Jake's already started with Goodnight Moon. He's as excited as Jake gets about anything. It's so cute!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

aw, looks so fun! You guys do have some great friends. Can't believe how many books you got, was it a special request? That's awesome. Reading to babies (from what I've heard) is about the best thing you can do for their brain development, though I'm not too worried about your baby's intelligence with you and Jake as parents.

Kat said...

:( Oh gosh I'm so sad I missed it! I got pretty sick last weekend, and I figured you wouldn't want me getting you sick right now. :( ... I'm so sorry! Looks like a ton of fun! And you are so darling as a pregnant lady!

Unknown said...

Your shower was epic. And you deserve it :)