UPdate:
*The belly is growing everyday. Jake likes to put his head down by "the baby" and talk to "it" and listen or feel for anything...he's so sweet and encouraging.
(i took a few pics last night, i'll try to get it up sometime this week.)
*We finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 last night...some of those episodes are SCAREY!! Or i'm incredibly easily freaked out....we really like the show and are looking forward to starting season 2 soon.
*We have also started packing up some books and dvds...cataloging everything on computer...so that in the future when people want to borrow anything...we can remember who has it and when they got it...just for our records...we like to lend things out...but sometimes when i go to watch something and it isn't on the shelf...I think...now where did that go....now, i'll just beable to look at the comp and VOILA...(we're kind of nerds i guess..cause we're having fun with this.)
*We watched Valkyrie last night...I liked it...it's interesting...Knowing the reality of history, and that Hitler killed himself....I so wanted the plan from the movie to succeed....anyhoo..i liked Tom Cruise's performance...and the other myriad of famous actors in it were fun to recognize too.
*We're suppposed to close on our house on Sept 15...LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY!!! very exciting..Jake can hardly wait...
.a neat thing that happened/will be happening...we bought plane tickets to visit my sister (jakes sister) in Indiana Sept 22...
so really we'll have time to move in...go to Indiana...then when we fly back home, we'll be flying home....to our HOME....it'll be like we're flying home to a new happy life...in a house!
*We have a lot of things to buy....eventually....furniture/house stuff, not to mention baby stuff....but i'm excited about practicing PATIENCE...we're doing something different with our finances....only buying things when we have the money for it. This may sound OBVIOUS for some of you wonderful people, but in the past, I've been comfortable with putting a little something on credit and then paying it off ..either when the bill comes in..or a few months later....HOWEVER...i recently paid off all of my credit card debt (celebrate good times come on!) and so ...point being we will be very patient with getting whatever couches, gliders, fun whatevers we see that we'd like to acquire...I'm looking forward to this new adventure.
*Work has been really wonderful for me..I just hit my one year mark! They gave me a cool fleece and blanket..and i think i'll be getting a plaque too.
*Our arts group at church had a "chalk the walk" activity this past Tuesday, as part of our Arts in Worship sequence we've been doing. Thus far we've done drawing, water color painting, clay, acrylic painting, photography, and chalk...i think that's everything.
some days we had live worship music, other times just cds playing. it's been a really nice time allowing God to use us through the arts to express the talents and gifts that He has given us...and it's been a great way to use those things to express worship back to Him.
*For this past activity, only a few people showed up...but we had a great time..I'll post pics of that soon...(need to get them from the person that brought the camera.)
*I didn't think I had too much to update on, but now looking at what i've just written...I hope you enjoyed and didn't get too bored!
2 comments:
Hey, Cass! I had posted Sarah's old changing table on KSL to sell, but if guys need one, it's yours! Let me know...it's been reinforced a little by Troy, and needs a new pad. Let me know! You can email me: troynrobin@comcast.net
Love ya,
Robin
wow, you guys are busy! love hearing about your life! :)
Post a Comment