Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I spilled hot oil on my NOSE


I've been walking around for 5 days with an incredibly RED nose.
The real story is, that Sat. Jake and I went to the park to start our Ultimate Fribee get togethers. (as my other blog mentions we went out the previous week to check things out...) So we had fairly good weather (despite the snow we had during the week prior) that Sat. at 12 when everyone started arriving. We got the game going and all was going great. We played for 2 hours before we decided to break for lunch. We drove to another nearby park that had a grill and we (Jake and some of the guys) cooked some hamburgers and we camped out on the lawn to eat and chat.

3 hours later...I had to get going for a photo shoot....

I arrived at my rendezvous with my subject for pics, and they mentioned that my face looked really burnt....I hadn't noticed up until then.....and then I started feeling how.....you know how chicken is when you cook it a certain way...the skin sort of separates from the meat and gets really crispy...(i think it's baked, but i'm not for sure..maybe rotisserie) anyhoo.

that's how my nose feels.
it blistered a bit.
and started pussing a little..(sorry for the graphics.)
and then today...4 days later, I blew my nose this morning, and it started bleeding where the skin is cracked....

it doesn't hurt if I don't move it....haha....try being an expressive ASL interpreter and NOT move your nose....it's a skill.

anyhoo. I want to take a pic of it, but hasn't happened yet...

(I'm the girl who takes pics of everything, just haven't gotten around to it yet.....I'll ask jake to do it later tonight...then i'll try to post it.....(i know i keep promising pics......just call me a slacker.))

I hope it heals soon...

as always thanks for reading

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wait was it really hot oil?? or just sunburned?

Unknown said...

ugh! sounds painful...but I would trade a sunburn anyday for this stupid snow...

Susanna Johnson said...

your eyes look super big. and I feel your pain- I know the feeling oh so well.