Tuesday, July 12, 2011

update

To all my dedicated fans out there...

Yest. started my 2 week intensive 3 credit hour creativity class at the U.  (In addition to the 3 online classes that I've ben taking since mid-May.)  I think it's going to be okay.  Initially when I read the syllabus, I was very nervous.  There's quite a bit of reading, and a project, and 2 papers and a 2 quizzes in the first week.  However, after meeting the teacher yesterday, and sitting through the first 4 hour session, I think it's going to be a fun class.  After all, part of the supplies list for the class is playdough, watercolor and construction paper. 

Emmaus is growing like crazy.  I need to post the pics from our recent vaca's....I literally haven't had time to even look at all of them yet.  All spare time has been allocated elsewhere.  He repeats, rather clearly, most things we say.  He's in a big boy bed.  Not drinking from his morning bottle anymore.  (Didn't even seem to notice really.)  He likes to say game/sign in and go to the toy box for us to play something together.  I love that he says game, since we are such a game family.  --that is when we have time for an actual game together.  I'm really looking forward to this semester being over and having spare time again.  Well that is until baby girl U2 shows up.  hehe.

Jake is as always amazing in supporting me while I do all of this stuff.  If anyone knows of where he can get on an ultimate frisbee team in the evening, let me know, he's been wanting something extra curricular to do, and isn't sure where or what to do.  In the meantime, he's been working on some of his short stories, web design stuff, and his music.  Last night he went down to practice some songs, I don't tell him enough, but I really love it when he plays.  Makes me happy to hear him doing something he loves and is so talented at.

Once classes are over, we have jojo and sarah's wedding in san diego end of august, and then we wait for emmaus' sister to join us. 

Until then, we'll nibble on the 6 raspberries jake's plant produced this year...good, but so few, hopefully more next year.  He's so proud of his garden, and I love that he loves it. 

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I'm honestly amazed at everything you manage to do... and always so cheerfully! I'm glad we're friends so I can learn from you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Alissa said...
Very cool supply list, sounds like maybe a fun class. I hope it's more fun than stressful.