Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Years, and the first part of January (My favorite month!)

Pics are out of order, and not all talked about in this post, but here they are...the 4 dueces casino Murder Mystery New Years Eve Party...what a great group of people



Emmaus doing his favorite thing in his Christmas/birthday gift from Gma Vickie.  It's a mini Ikea chair...so cute.



We went to the park with Gma Terri and the dogs...Emmaus signs dog now...again, so cute.


love this face.  He throws the soccer ball around nicely too.


This was one of our Christmas gifts to him..he loves it.

This was from auntie erin....great toy.

1st flight.


1st cars.  Daddy showing him how it's done.

So...

New Years eve our friends set up an amazing Murder Mystery night.  If you don't know, Jake had written the past 2 years, Murder Mystery nights, quite successfully if I do say so myself.  So this year we thought he'd do a third, but..it didn't happen.

So, last minute, Elizabeth and cohorts bought organized and provided us with The 4 Deuces Casino.  I don't want to ruin it for anyone else who might use it, but it was a good night.  I got a lot of "money" and won an award.  Some people might say that I came about the money in a dishonest way, but when staying in the parameters of the game, I still feel justified!

Then about a week later I started my first day of classes at the Univesity of Utah.  (And started my second semester of interperting up there.)  It's all going quite well so far.  I love my professeurs, and the class load seems doable.

Then, on January 11th, merely 8 days before my birthday I got THE email.  In this email was my....wait for it

NIC: Interview and Performance results.  So I freak out a bit.  I whisper to my coworkers that "THE" email came.  They ask if I passed, I say, I can't open it. 
I click the button, cover my eyes, finally get the nerve to look, and it's a letter thanking me for my patience (18weeks!) and the results are in the attachment.  Foiled.

So then I have to get the nerve up again to open the attachment.  I do it.  and then I can't tell if it's good news or bad news.  It started with congratulations, but I couldn't decide if I really passed or not.  I think they call that shock.  I had my friend come over to confirm with me.  It was funny thinking about it now, but

I PASSED.  I'm NIC certified.  (I can interpret in any state, and not have to recertify under their state requirements, I get a pay raise, and I can work in most settings now.  I won't be changing my work environment anytime soon, but if something came up, and I wanted to, technically, I can.)

Major Life Goal....Check.

So, then to push my luck when I got home from work (My dad had called wanting to buy me sushi to celebrate.)

I tell Jake, lets take a pregnancy test just to see if we can have a double celebration.  He says not to, but once I get something on my mind, I kind of have to.  Plus I was what they call "late" and I really wanted to be pregnant...So I was hoping the momentum would pay off.

So I took the test.....and sadly saw a negative...So I waited, was bummed...

then

I looked over again, and faintly saw, not a negative but a positive.  I couldn't tell if I was seeing things (I think it was shock again.)  I yelled for Jake (he had gone downstairs and was out of ear-shot.)  I kept hollering for him....he came up.  looked, and I checked the instructions.  It says it doesn't matter how bold or faint the positive is, if it's there, there's a BABY!

We are sooo blessed.  It's only January and we have everything that I wanted for this year.  I need to find something else to put on my list of goals..then again there is the BA that I'm in pursuit of...guess my education can be the next big focus, and I"m already going stong with that one...so yea, and Praise God.

So Jake has been sick the past few days.  (That doesn't happen very often.  Maybe once every 2 years.)

My bday is tomorrow (I take too long to blog...)

Friday we're going to the Poison Ivy Murder Mystery Dinner.

Jake's parents fly out the 2nd week of February.

Lots of fun coming up.  But I'm still on high from the news from last week!

as always.....

No comments: