As many of you may know, I don't work out. Like ever. I consider myself an active enough person, but going to the gym doesn't fit into my schedule. However, Jake has been going to 24 hour Fitness everyday for the past month. (before that was 3 times a week.) I think he enjoys the discipline.
This past Saturday we decided to go to the gym together. (after we got a call from Jakes brother about his engagement!!!!...well we didn't officially hear from Andrew until later that night...but we knew what had happened!!)
Anyhoo...Jake does the Eliptical for 30 mintues, than various weights or machines, then ends with crunches...with this roller table kind of thing...not sure what you call it.
So I decided to join him with his workout...didn't think to lessen it because....let's face it, that's not in my personality.
Half way ...really 10 minutes into the Eliptical, I started whining a bit. I allowed myself to stop more often than Jake (like 10 times as much and drink more water...) >>If Shara were reading this she'd completely understand ..I tried a cycling class with her ONCE..and that was more than enough for me. I finished the 30 minutes...but could barely walk down the stairs.
I wanted to work on my legs, since I seem to sit ALL day long....I always have enjoyed doing reps on differnet machines, it almost feels like a game. We did a few different machines...Jake was really patient to stay with me the whole time....I think he enjoyed it. and to finish it off we went back upstairs to the crunches machine....I love doing crunches..so I was showing off a bit and putting both legs in the air and pulling up with the bar...Jake said "impressive." I'm not sure I should have been so impressive...
SO the point is..the rest of the day went fabulous, and then I went to bed, and then I woke up...somewhat of a mistake.
Yest. My abs were hurting...but only right in the center right under your heart/ribs area...it hurt. not the lower abs, just the top...COughing was NO fun..
then today I woke up and now my inner legs are killing me....I need to stretch, but sitting here at work....smiles..I guess if anyone asks, I can refer them to this blog..giggles.
I like the pain because I know my muscles are being toned...or were or whatever, but...
it still
HURTS!
have a good day, and thanks for reading.
May you work out and enjoy the pain as well
4 comments:
way to go Cass! I worked out today too. I'm trying to get back into it. I did pretty well for about 2 weeks, then I did nothing for 2 weeks. And here I am. I do Pilates in the living room. LOVE it. It's not too strenuous, but it makes me feel stretched out, and is a little bit muscle toning - I do a "Belly Butt and Thighs" work out.
haha. that's how I've felt, from snowboarding and rock climbing in the same day. it's so worth it!
I love that feeling! If you lift your legs in the air when on the ab bench and do crunches that way it will target more of your middle and lower abs! I think you will find that it is easy to get into it as much as Jake is...at least for addictive personalities...there is nothing like an adrenaline high!
Haha, the joys of working out. So to answer the question you asked if I thought I'd be able to carry the baby to term, they stopped labor almost completely now and in exactly 2 weeks they're no longer going to stop labor so my midwife said she thinks I could make it to 37 weeks for sure but definitely not 40...I don't know how you can really know but we'll see! How have you guys been?
Post a Comment