Saturday, February 14, 2009

Christmas...better late than never

Here's a glimpse into the fun time we had with our family up in Minnesota. Yes, it was freezing (didn't take my thermals off once.) but it was a blast! ...as you can see. Jake and his dad made this awesome sledding path in the back yard...starting just up from where we are in the first picture....next to the window of the house...just up past the pines





Later that day, we decided to go back out for some night sledding. I tried to be brave. The sled got turned around backwards with only me on it...and instead of bailing, i figured i'd be cool and ride it out....as you can see in the picture above...the trees just to the left of where jake and i are, i landed smack in the middle of them....head bumping into them at top speed. Thankfully nothing bad happened but it scared us..including my brother in law who was watching at the top of the hill. I havne't gone sledding since. Hopefully i'll get the nerve up again sometime, i'm just going to stay away from trees.

He was so in his element.
This is Alyssa

This is Sage
This is Jayna....happy inside...Not so happy on the ouside...these pics were sooo cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome. i couldn't have done it better myself. i never did post christmas pics. maybe i'll just link to yours.

Zac and Brook Halford said...

That is so fun! It makes me miss snow, until I think of wearing thermals. I definitely want to see what you both end of snapping in the Grand Canyon as far as pics go. I will post a pic as soon as I start having more of an obvious belly...I still look mostly normal, so that is not fun for pics. I hope you guys have a blast on your mini vacation!